Monday, March 7, 2011

College 4 All * :]

       In the college for all trip we had last week, we visited 3 colleges. UC Santa Barbara, CAL Poly San Luis Obispo, and UC Santa Cruz. We first visited UC Santa Barbara. There, we went to this one building called, El Centro, which is basically a Latino association building, where Latino students hang out, study, and just associate with each other. They created this because there are not as many Latino students, so they wanted to feel like the majority and wanted a place to kick it in. Then, they took us to the beach, and we asked them questions and they answered them. After that, they showed us around the rest of the campus, and that was the end of the tour. Then, we went back to El Centro, played a game and we got food. After, we got to kick it with our classmates for like 20 minutes, and then we left to our hotel.:]] The next day, we went to the second college, which was Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. We basically did the same thing, we asked questions, they gave us a tour, and after that we ate. Then, we had a time to reflect on that school, and after that we left to Santa Cruz. We got to our second hotel around 4, and had 1 hour to get ready to go to the boardwalk. We had until 9 to play in the arcade or do whatever it is we were doing. We played lazer tag, machine games, went to eat at a bowling place, and over all just enjoyed the time we were there with eachy other. Even though the beach wasn't opened, there was like a balcony type passage near it, where my friends and I were. We were goofing off, dancing, and having fun with each other. Sadly, at 9, we left!:( We got to our hotel, and mmy roomates and I got in the bathtub because it was as big as a jacuzzi! We almost got in trouble because with all the water noise, we didn't hear when our teachers were knocking on our door, and so I guess they thought we were doing something wrong. We straightened things out though when we heard the phone ringing, and the teachers said that we had to opened the door immediately because they had been knocking for over 20 minutes!When they saw why we had taken so long, they started laughing! My math teacher, Ms.Lehman,(after scaring us to death), took a picture of us in the tub because she thoiught it was hilarious.Then, they left and after changing and putting our soaking wet clothes to dry, 2 of my roomates went to sleep, but me and my sleeping partner weren't sleepy at all, so we stayed awake until about 1 in the morning. The next morning, I was so happy because we were going to Santa Cruz, and that's where my sister goes, and she told me that she was going to meet me there. At first, I was worried because she wasn't answering her phone, and so I thought she over slept and wasnn't going to be able to meet us. But thankfully she did, and I was glad to see her because I hadn' seen her in forever. She was talking to us about her experience there, and the difference between dorms, and apartments. Then, more college students came, and we had another panel where we were asking them questions about college life. After the panel was over, they took us ot to eat and the college students were able to ride in the bus with us.We went to a college diner up in the hills where they had all sorts of different food for us to eat. They had Mexican, Chinese, burgers, a sald bar, and dessert.They had the best food out of all the 3 colleges we visited in my opinion.We had an hour to eat, and I was dreading the hour to be over becasue it meant that I was going to have to say goodbye to my sister, and I didn't want that becaue I didn'd know when I was going to see her again. We were having such a good time together, that when it was time to leave, I couldn't take it, and so I started crying because I didn't know when I was going to see her again. After we left Santa Cruz, we were on an hpour and a half bus ride back to Oakland and during the whole bus ride, I was excited because I wanted to get home already. When we got to UPA, our parents were already waiting (axiously it seemed to me) and that was the end of our trip. I personally really enjoyed it, and would so do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment